UPD maintains a database of all calls for service. The Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management System is used to record all significant events reported to the police department. Click the ‘+’ next to the record to see additional details. View the Daily Log.
To view a Map of Incidents Click Here
For questions or comments concerning the crime report contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Security Report
“Crime Alerts” are posted as a means to make the Ole Miss community aware of any situation that poses a potential threat to the safety and well-being of our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. By helping to apprise you of crimes and other troublesome situations, the University Police Department [UPD] hopes to heighten your awareness and encourage you to actively participate in crime prevention. Personal safety practices and knowledge are your best line of defense against crime. This alert is intended to promote safety and security on campus and to comply, in part, with the ”Clery Act” [the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1990].
Strong Arm Robbery October 26, 2012
- Friday, October 26, 2012, approximately 2:04 a.m., UPD received a report of two individuals being robbed on University Avenue near the intersection of University Place.
- The suspect is described as a black male, 5’4” to 5’6” tall, skinny build. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a pocket, baggy blue jeans. He wore a white flat bill hat with red underbill. The suspect hair was black; he had a slight moustache.
- He reportedly put a small caliber gun to one of the victim’s head and took a purse. The suspect was driving a black sedan with tinted windows. He was last seen heading towards Grove Loop.
- The victims were not injured.
UPD would like to point out some safety tips:
- Immediately report to UPD any suspicious persons or vehicles you observe with as much identifying information as possible.
- Carry a cell phone and program UPD’s phone numbers: 662-915-4911 for emergency and 662-915-7234 for non-emergency.
- Be alert to your surroundings at all times.
- If possible avoid being out late by yourself – especially in isolated less populated areas of campus.
- Call UPD at 662-915-7234 for a security escort.
- Use one of the Code Blue emergency telephone units to contact UPD to report suspicious activity or request assistance.